URMIA Camp Insurance Program Frequently Asked Questions – And Answers.

What does the URMIA Camp Liability Policy cover?
This policy protects you from lawsuits arising out of bodily injury or property damage (of others) as a result of your supervised camp activities.

What does the URMIA Camp Accident Policy cover?
This policy provides coverage for medical expenses that you incur as a result of your camp activities. The policy provides up to $100,000 in Accident Medical Expense protection, subject to a $250 deductible. Treatment and medical expenses are covered for 52 weeks from the date of injury. This is a supplemental policy to help minimize your out of pocket expenses if you are injured while participating in a camp insured by the URMIA Camp Insurance Program. The coverage is subject to the limits, conditions and exclusions of the policy.

Why does my camp need both Liability and Accident Insurance?
Because you will then cover the two major exposures that threaten camps:
  1. Lawsuits from injured spectators and participants; and
  2. Medical expenses that result from injuries to participants at your camp.

What proof of coverage will I receive when I purchase URMIA Camp Insurance?
You will receive a certificate of insurance for your camp, which will be sent to you via e-mail once you have successfully completed the on-line application and payment process.

Does the Liability Insurance cover my camp counselors?
Yes. If an individual counselor is sued because of bodily injury or property damage to others arising out of your camp activities, he or she will be covered by the liability policy. However, liability insurance is not intended to cover medical expenses from injuries to your campers. The accident insurance is designed to cover those expenses.

Can I add an "Additional Insured" to the Liability Policy?
Yes. In fact, the URMIA Camp Insurance Program is designed to protect the host colleges and universities with standard limits and broad, uniform coverage.

What is Excess Hired/Non-Owned Auto Liability?
Excess Hired/Non-Owned Auto Liability is a standard endorsement to the Liability policy designed to cover the insured organization (your camp and any additional insureds) for liability suits that arise when people are driving autos on behalf of the organization. This coverage is NOT designed to cover the individual drivers (their personal auto policy should cover them). This coverage is also not designed to cover the transportation of participants (camps with vans or buses who intend to transport kids should be purchasing business auto policies for that exposure, or hiring a transportation company).