Protecting you and your family from loss is important to RPS Bollinger. Just as important to us is protecting your privacy and the personal information we use to provide you with superior products and service.
Personal Information RPS Bollinger Collects
RPS Bollinger only collects personal information about you when it is necessary to conduct the business of insurance. We limit the collection of personal information to what we reasonably believe is needed to administer your account. As a result, we collect personal information from the following sources:
- Personal information you share with us directly, such as the information on your insurance application, requested policy change information or other forms you may complete;
- Personal information you provide or which is obtained through the process of handling a claim, including medical information, such as from an accident or doctor report;
- Personal information about you from your transactions with us such as the type of coverage you purchase; and
- Personal information about you from a consumer reporting agency, such as a Motor Vehicle Report.
If you visit or use any of the RPS Bollinger websites, we may use "cookies" (small text files transferred from our website to your hard drive) to recognize repeat users, track usage and facilitate your access to and use of the site. We do not use "cookies" to gather personal information, and we do not link "cookies" to identifiable information, they are only used to enable you to use our websites more easily.
Personal Information RPS Bollinger Discloses
RPS Bollinger is permitted by law to disclose your personal information in the situations described below without your permission.
- To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us. This includes to a consumer reporting agency for the purpose of obtaining a credit report or a Motor Vehicle Report in order to determine eligibility for coverage to process your requested transaction;
- To an insurance company in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction;
- To an insurance company for the purpose of performing a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you;
- To insurance companies for the purpose of seeking multiple quotes for your insurance needs; and
- To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority as required by law, or in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities.
Protected Health Information RPS Bollinger Discloses
RPS Bollinger is permitted by law to disclose your Protected Health Information in the situations described below without your permission.
- To the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, if necessary, to make sure your privacy is protected;
To a medical care institution or medical professional in order to verify coverage, benefits, or treatment in order to process a claim;
- To perform activities or services for your group health plan or the insurance carrier providing the group health plan but only to the extent allowed by law;
- With Bollinger’s agents or subcontractors as necessary for Bollinger to perform services on behalf of an insurance company or group health plan but only to the extent allowed by law and pursuant to an agreement by the agent or subcontractor to abide by these privacy rules;
- To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority as required by law, or in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities; and
Where required by law.
In any situation not specifically addressed in the law, RPS Bollinger must get your written authorization to use or disclose your Protected Health Information. Such authorization may be revoked by you at any time, except if we have already taken action based on your authorization.
Your Right to Access and Amend Your Information
You have the right to request access to your personal information. You may know the source of the information and the identity of the persons to whom we have disclosed such information within the two years prior to your request. You may view the personal information, copy it in person or ask that a copy be sent to you (for which we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs). You have the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions to the personal information.
To obtain access to your information: Submit your request in writing to Privacy Officer, Bollinger, Inc., 101 JFK Parkway, Short Hills, NJ, 07078. The request should include your name, address, telephone number and the information to which you would like access. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you. Upon receipt of the request we will contact you within thirty business days to arrange access.
To correct, amend or delete any of the information: Submit a request in writing to Privacy Officer, RPS Bollinger, 101 JFK Parkway, Short Hills, NJ 07078. The request should include your name, address, telephone number, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of the document or record that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within thirty business days to notify you that either we have made the correction, amendment or deletion, or we will not do so and our reasons for such refusal, which you will have an opportunity to challenge.
RPS Bollinger’s Security Practices
We have a strict Information Security Program in place to safeguard your privacy. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to protect personal information. Some of these measures involve technology to maintain data security and restrict access to authorized users. Some are more traditional and include training employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy.